AFC Urgent Care Norwalk realizes that some patients may be uncomfortable or unable to leave their homes during this time due to compromised immune systems or underlying health issues. Other patients may have been exposed to or are developing symptoms of COVID-19. For patient and staff safety and peace of mind, AFC Urgent Care Norwalk is now accepting patients for Telemedicine! Telemedicine allows patients to consult with a physician about a number of medical issues from the comfort of your own home! Virtual visits are accepted seven days a week.
What conditions can be seen through a Virtual Visit appointment?
The following are included in Virtual Visits:
- Allergy Symptoms
- Bug Bites
- Poison Ivy
- Mild Sunburn
- Cold Sores
- Sore Throat
- Ear infection, earache, or swimmers ear
- Eye infection, pinkeye, sties
- Female urinary tract infections
- Infected toenail or fingernail
- Minor Burns
- Minor Rashes (e.g. Impetigo, Shingles, Ringworm)
- Newly onset cough
- Sinus Infection or Sinusitis
- **Medication renewal (no controlled or addictive substances, no long term chronic illness prescriptions-1 month prescription only, No ADD, ADHD, or mental health prescription.) ***
The following are excluded from Virtual Visits and require a visit to our center for diagnosis and treatment.
- No narcotic or controlled substance renewal or prescription.
- No prescriptions over one month
- No Chest Pain
- No Pelvic/genital/rectal/breast exams
- No psychiatric conditions
- No emergency symptoms including: Dial 911 (chest pain, shortness of breath, allergic reaction, choking, altered of consciousness, head or neck injury
- No Pregnancy, birth control renewal or birth control advice
- No Workers Compensation or Occupational Health visits (Must come into Center)
- No Referrals to specialists (Must come into Center)
- No Physicals or Sport Physicals (Must come into Center)
- No Suturing, suturing removal or wound care (Must come into Center)
- No Children under five years
How do I make an appointment?
Appointments can be scheduled by clicking this link. Fill out the necessary information and a member of our staff will contact you shortly to complete registration and go over the details of your call. A verfication code will be sent to you via the app to the telephone number provided. Once you have verified your account and consented to use of telemedicine, your appointment will be confirmed. Go over your information once last time to ensure everything is accurate and your appointment will be set.
What happens once I have made an appointment?
Before your virtual visit, a member of our staff will contact you to confirm your details and go over your medical history. After your information is confirmed, the physician will join the video call.
Virtual Visits in Norwalk, CT
If you are interested in a Telemedicine visit, call AFC Urgent Care Norwalk today! Our staff will answer your questions and go over the details of your visit. Most insurance plans are accepted.