Injuries in the workplace can cost you a lot. Between absenteeism, decline in productivity, and workers’ compensation claims, your line of business can end up in a world of trouble from one minor accident.
One of the most common workplace injuries include slips and trips. It seems like an innocent injury, until the pain is unbearable and leads you to seek medical attention.
The main causes of slips and trips include:
- Uneven floor surfaces
- Unsuitable or damaged floor coverings
- Wet floors
- Trailing cables
- Poor lighting
- Poor housekeeping
Wondering how you can prevent workplace injuries? Here are a few ways you can prevent common injuries like slips and falls in the workplace.
- Look for hazards around the workplace: Assess the condition of the floors, uneven flooring, trailing cables, and spillages.
- Know who may be at risk for injury: Regular employment physicals are great ways to assess the physical capabilities of your employees, as well as identify risk factors.
- Consider the risks: Does your company follow a protocol for dealing with risks? Do you have cleaning and maintenance systems in place? Are you conducting regular inspections?
After assessing the risks for workplace injuries, implement security measures to ensure workplace safety.
Even with a policy in place, injuries can still happen. This is where AFC Urgent Care Norwalk comes in. Our occupational health program provides a number of employer health services including treatment for workplace injuries such as:
- Slips and Falls
- Cuts that Require Stitching
- & More
For more information about our occupational health program, or other services we provide, please call to speak with one of our medical professionals at 203-845-9100.