The Department of Transportation requires regular medical examinations and physicals for all commercial vehicle operators. At AFC Urgent Care in Norwalk, we have licensed physicians, and a state-of-the-art facility to make DOT physicals easy, accessible, and convenient.
Why is a DOT physical required?
The Department of Transportation sets guidelines for applicants and holders of Commercial Drivers Licenses to be examined at least every two years and determine that commercial drivers are safe to be on the road.
Medical commercial driving requirements include:
- Clinical vision must be a combination of 20/40 in each eye, with or without correction (glasses or contacts).
- The ability to differentiate between the colors of traffic lights
- The ability to hear a forced whisper at a distance of at least 5 feet
- Blood pressure level equal to or less than 160/100 mmHg
- Blood sugar level equal to or less than 200 mg/dL
- No history of alcoholism or current use of habit-forming drugs, or recreational use amphetamines and narcotics.
- No history of cardiac problems such as heart failure or coronary heart disease
To get more information on our Occupational Health programs, or to set up an account, contact our center at 203.845.9100 or email us at email@example.com