AFC Urgent Care Norwalk is Nationally Registered and ready to handle your DOT business.
Did you know that the Department of Transportation requires regular medical examinations and physicals for truck drivers and other commercial vehicle operators? At AFC Urgent Care in Norwalk, CT we have the experienced medical staff and state-of-the-art facilities to keep drivers on the road. AFC has had many years of experience working with companies, large and small, to efficiently and responsibly test and process drivers DOT and medical certifications. Most of our staff are certified to perform DOT exams, but please call to make sure you can have the exam done the day you want.
Why do you need a Medical Examination Report?
The DOT wants to make sure that commercial truck drivers, livery drivers, and other transporters are safe to be on the road, and to determine that the drivers health history, vision, hearing, and blood pressure, and physical fitness are up to par and safe to be on the road.
DOT physicals are not just a good idea; they are required by law. Commercial Motor Vehicles (CMV) are especially prone to this testing. The DOT Medical Exam and CMV Certification is easy and painless, especially at AFC in Norwalk where the test is done fast and is affordable. A Department of Transportation (DOT) physical examination is conducted by a licensed “medical examiner.”
- The driver’s eyesight must be a combination of 20/40 in each eye, with or without correction
- The driver must have the ability to acknowledge the difference between the colors of traffic lights
- The applicant should be able to hear a forced whisper at a distance of at least 5 feet
- Blood pressure cannot be higher than 160/100
- Blood sugar must be no higher than 200
- Drugs, amphetamines or narcotics are strictly prohibited before, during or after operating a commercial vehicle
- Those with cardiac problems such as heart failure, you need to have completed and passed a stress test with a note from the physician stating you have no driving restrictions
We are conveniently located at 607 Main Ave in Norwalk near the DMV (and near the Merritt Parkway and Rt. 7). With no appointment necessary, your employees and drivers in need of having a physical done for DOT driving requirements set out by the department of transportation can simply walk in during our operating hours Monday through Friday from 8am to 8pm and 8am to 5pm on weekends.
For businesses, to inquire about how we can help with your occupational health needs and to set up your occupational medicine account with us, please contact our center by calling 203-845-9100, or email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.